Saturday 16 April 2011

Like watching paint dry

I'm waiting for water to boil.  It doesn't actually take as long as paint takes to dry.  I'm making sweet potato soup.  It was going to be sweet potato and roasted red pepper soup but I opened the jar of roasted red peppers and there was a hiss and a pop and a substantial wisp of gas floated out, but no genie.  I don't know what to call it because it obviously wasn't smoke or steam, peppers don't generate either of those.  Unless they're on fire.  Anyway I threw the peppers away, and now it'll be sweet potato curry soup I suppose, because I put garam masala in.  I am currently wondering whether adding desiccated coconut before I puree it would be a good idea or a bad one.

Earlier today I was exhausted because the final Daily meeting forever (for me) took four hours and was very cramped.  There was too much food for everybody and I consequently did not eat lunch because I wasn't hungry after eating an egg tart then a slice of salami then an orange then a scone with nutella then some grapes and chai tea.

Waiting for music to download though, that does take as long as paint takes to dry.



Michael describes this as "shoegaze symphonies for sad french teenagers."

No comments:

Post a Comment