Tuesday 11 August 2009

Up On Cripple Creek

Turns out they have internet here! Who said that the true cottage experience should be a getaway from technology? The weather was a bit cold and grey this morning, but it's gorgeous now so I can sunbathe, score. I had really yummy pizza last night, with goat's cheese and roasted onions and peppers. So good, and I was surprised with myself :) Later we're going to get ice cream from the seriously quaint local town, either there or the marina, I'm not sure yet. Either is good, although with the latter I'll get to drive the speedboat! Photos to follow, and there'll be plenty more updates, including two I wrote on my laptop to test it out in the car yesterday, which I need to transfer to this computer. The only memory stick I have is the genius Take That-stocked one Jessie gave me; I hope there's room for a Word document on it, because I'm certainly not taking any of the videos off it :)

Cousin 2 has a splinter in her foot, but refuses to get it taken out. Much tears. I had a really good cocktail down at the dock - Smirnoff Ice, lemonade and pomegranate juice, or pomtini, or something. And the hot tub's working. It's so amazing outside I'm not going to hang around here any longer!

2 comments:

  1. sounds lovely, especially the pizza and ice cream! know how ou feel about the cousin, i have realised that children cry over anything, lucie practically had a fit in the first week because her pigtails weren't exactly how she wanted them, and she's normally very mature. i'm going to have to try that cocktail, ooh and i bought some french recipe books for bread and brownies, so after i've test run them i'll send you the good'uns... peanut butter bronies look like a winner. miss you gnomes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Rosy, hair is a big deal to the French. Or Belgian, I suppose. Can't wait for the results of your baking!! My aunt once sent me maple scones in a tupperware box from Canada, and they travelled fine (just had crumbled a bit). I have a recipe for brownie cheesecake with raspberry cream on top, it comes out layered brown and yellow and pink, but I don't know how well that would travel... peanut butter brownies sound amazing, even better than banana ones. miss you rolind xxxxx

    ReplyDelete